1. Faith in God requires a distinct lack of willingness to think.
A science textbook is out of date the moment it is printed.
The bible was written more than mere moments after Jesus walked the earth,
and mostly through a series of "Chinese whispers" with which we all became familiar at primary school.
2. Money is a make-believe concept.
The only things that should drive you are your heart and your morals,
which are two things rarely subtended by wealth.
3. Care for all animals and all plants. All microbes, archaea to algae.
We have shared this earth for 4.5 billion years,
We are not special.
We are no better than the sum of Gaia's parts -
A living biosphere.
4. Don't make enemies - harbour rivalry.
Hatred can only cloud rationality.
5. There is no finer exploration of knowledge than through the endeavour of reading with skepticism.
A brain exercised
Is eventually wise
To the fine things in life
And to see through the lies.
6. Learn to cook.
Food, water, and love,
Are the three common denominators
For all of us.
Learn to cook,
And suddenly you may reveal a half-full cup.
7. Do good things, for good people, and good things will follow.
Don't waste time trying to impress
Those who are fickle, and shallow.
Life is short, and sweet,
So long as the friendships you seek
Are true, and never hollow.
8. Smile, though your heart is aching.
No wiser words have ever been stated,
The lyrics of Nat King Cole should never be understated.
9. Always be pleasant, even with those who to you seem aberrant.
How are we to know what has happened during anyone's existance?
Be it years in the past,
or here in the present.
10. Make millions of memories, with those you cherish.
Death, more often than not, makes a mockery of the miser.
With each and every final gasp,
The dying cite time with loved ones, friends, and family,
As those things which really matter at the last.